about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Wednesday 30 September 2015

WIP Crochet Hexies


Although my favourite kind of crochet projects are ones that I can complete in a day (I'm definitely an instant gratification girl when it comes to crafting!) I do always like to have at least one or two longer projects that I can pick up and work on when I want to turn my brain off for an hour. They also need to be portable, so I can take them on public transport/long car journeys. One of my current WIP is a crochet hexie blanket. I'm making them in shades of blue and green, with a few bits of grey and white mixed in to break it up.


I am using this pattern with a 4mm hook and Carol Simply Soft yarn, which is worsted weight, but you could easily switch it out for some acrylic DK yarn to reduce the cost. Although I have no idea really how many hexagons I will need for my blanket, I'm aiming to make around 150 before I start joining them together. It's so satisfying seeing the stack of little crocheted hexagons grow - I can make one in about ten minutes now so they are perfect for whipping up when you only have a short break. What is everyone else working on at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo