about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Tuesday 11 August 2015

Mim's House Tour part two


As promised, here is the second blog post featuring Mim's beautiful home! There is one more post to come, which will be up tomorrow morning, so please make sure to check back then for a final peek inside this inspiring space.


The second room in the upstairs attic conversion space has been turned into a bedroom for Mim's granddaughter to stay in when she visits. All I can say is a) I am so jealous that this is not my bedroom, b) Mim does not look anywhere near old enough to have a grandaughter, and c) she is one cool grandmother though! It's such a perfect room for a little girl - pretty but without being too girlie and pink, and obviously full of vintage treasures.

 

The room in the photos above is one of two reception rooms - I could have spent hours just in this one room. I loved the three ceramic donkey planters - I have a collection of pastel coloured planters (a clown, a bear, and a train) and they reminded me fondly of these.


Finally a few snaps from the downstairs hallway, where that shelf of cameras naturally caught my eye. And the sewing patterns/cat ephemera are on the wall in the downstairs toilet room (yes, there are treasures in every single square inch of this house.) Plus Mim's two cats, just because they were too cute not to snap a photograph of!

Stay tuned for the third and final installment guys, and in the meantime be sure to follow Mim on Instagram @madebymim to see more peeks into her life.

1 comment:

  1. that snow white sewing machine is incredible!!!! i too love those little planters & believe that to be the most stunning great bedroom ever!!!! her camera collection is so beautiful!!! all these photos are amazing!! can't wait for tomorrow's post!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo