about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Friday 22 May 2015

Silver Ring Workshop


Last month was my baby sister's birthday (I say baby, she is now 23 years old!) and I took her out to a silver ring making workshop for her present. Held at Drink Shop Do in Kings Cross (I am obsessed with the place, I've been there about four times in the past month!) the workshop is run by Workbench London, and basically you get a wax ring blank to carve however you'd like. The girls at Workbench then take your carved blank and use it to make a mold from which your silver ring is then cast. HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!?!?! You can create a totally one of a kind piece of silver jewellery to treasure forever.


Me and Jadie both made two rings each because we are super greedy - it took us ages to decide how to carve them as we stupidly hadn't really thought about it before we got there! We were so absorbed in carving our rings that the three hours literally flew by - you wouldn't believe how long you can spend carving out one little ring. I decided to make both of mine fairly chunky, as I already own quite a few thin rings. The first ring is chunky and faceted and looks very handmade which I really love. The second has a v-shaped chevron on the front and is a lot smoother, but still has some of the marks in from where I was carving.

The finished rings arrived a few days ago, and I could not be happier at all. They are so beautifully tactile, I haven't really taken them off since I got them! If you're looking for a fun evening or craft activity I cannot recommend Workbench London enough. They are so super friendly and accommodating (even when I annoyingly had to cancel our first booking as my mum was recovering from her op), and so patient even when my sister managed to break one of the rings she was carving!

3 comments:

  1. I would like to try something similar. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely gift, this seems like so much fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Zoe, I am also obsessed with the place you revealed here for us. So much excited knowing about the workshop. The rings look so so gorgeous. Love more love for you and Jadie.
    BYW a few day ago, I revealed an online shop, you can also take a tour please.
    https://www.bikerringshop.com/collections/bishop-rings

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo