about me my website my shop contact FAQ links Image Map

Saturday 14 March 2015

DIY simple flower arrangement


 For mother's day (and as a treat for myself) I wanted to put together some simple little flower arrangements using some glass jars and bottles. I prettified the containers using some basic craft supplies - washi tape, tissue paper, and a few other bits.


My sister got me the flowers from the florist where she works - just some basic flowers, plus a few roses add in for good measure. I picked up this neon pink polka dot tissue paper in Paperchase and had to get some - I love how it looks with the flowers. I made the little flag stuck on the front using a toothpick and some message washi tape.


 I decorated these bottles in a gold theme - I got some gold sequin thread in Tiger which I wrapped around one of the bottles, and cut some gold self-adhesive vinyl into sprinkle shaped bits to stick on to another one. Lately I've been trying to make things using supplies I already have because, let's be honest, I have a hell of a lot of craft supplies and need to start making use of some of them.


 In future when I give someone flowers I will put them in a decorated container first because I feel as though it makes the gift feel much more thoughtful and personal. You could coordinate the decorations to tie in with a room in their house or something that they like - next up I want to try making crocheted holders for glass jars.

 

These decorated containers took me about 15 minutes to put together, most of which was spent arranging the flowers! So simple but so effective, and perfect for any occasion, from a birthday to a 'thanks for being a friend.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and read every single one. I try to check out the blogs of people who leave comments, and reply wherever possible :) Thank you! xoxo